Show Off Your Cresties 🤩

I love that one on top :star_struck:

1 Like

@asher199212 what cuties! :heart_eyes:

@foxreptile we used hot glue to attach some plastic pipe for hides and it’s held up well. I do like the idea of using the paracord. I’m more nervous about mold with that.

I also hate fish as pets. So I’m no help there. Maybe a Leo or a fatty?

Caught Strawberry doing a nom. :blush:

6 Likes

Maybe consider getting a snake, like a royal, or even maybe a hog or a carpet, though I am kinda biased with those two. If not a snake, maybe some other gecko that you don’t already have, like a knob tail. I’ve also heard that scorpion tailed geckos are fun. Of course though, you could always just get more cresties, but I’d personally get something different.

4 Likes

You could get a boa :blush:
They are the best!

3 Likes

Actually, I think that title goes to carpet pythons. :grin:

2 Likes

They have a bunch of Royals!

I mean, totes think she should get another, but you know…:woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Huh! Always thought they were just gecko people.

3 Likes

Nope lol boas are king!

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: I didn’t know either until I was looking for hatchling threads. And even then, it took me a while to realize whose clutch it was.

3 Likes

Hahaha I have missed so much :crazy_face:

I use parachute paracord it is waterproof providing you burn the edges so it can’t get inside. I have used it in most of my terrariums and appears super strong.

We currently have several royal pythons, including my favourite that we produced this year, firebee. Still haven’t named her yet but hubby been unwell. Prepare for photo bomb tomorrow :grin: (in snake thread). We also have 2 California king snakes & one goldfish in our small pond outside. We also have mice. Snakes are more hubbies thing as I won’t feed them, I just play and clean them out :grin:

We are hopefully expanding our pond next year, just need to decide on what we want 🤷 then we will get more goldfishes. we have all the snakes we want, until future babies are produced :grin:

We can’t have any reptile that lives majority on insects, purely because we won’t have anyone to feed them when we go on holiday.

We have had Leo’s and bearded dragons but they both had health issues and died younger than I would of liked :cry: I’m not opposed to them but I prefer Cresties :grin:

I’d like a mourning Gecko but the reproductive side of things puts me off. Or I’d like a full/half moon Betta fish or a super stripe gargoyle gecko or to save towards a rare Crestie or spend on the next Crestie I fall in love with :sweat_smile: That’s what I’ve narrowed my search down too.

Space is limited as we are focusing on breeding Cresties and royals this year so no big pets! Hubby would love a bigger snake further down the line :grin: But we are looking to build a rack as the next big project for the snakes, I just can’t find a big enough tub :thinking:

6 Likes

Is there a particular morph you’re still after Crestie wise?
Have a goooooooood think! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I’m loving melanistic so that’s something to save for!

3 Likes

Oh same here!
Though I prefer the charcoals i must say :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

It’s the eyes that sway me towards melanistic.

Will be a big expense to save up for :scream:

4 Likes

YAAAAAS! Do it! Do it!

3 Likes

Thousands.
Yeah I’ll wait haha, in the next few years will be a lot lower!

4 Likes

That’s what I’m thinking, I can wait a few years and means I can use the money for something else :thinking:

3 Likes

That’s fair. What other cresties are you looking at?

3 Likes

I’m not really sure as I like them all and have a list as long as my arm :sweat_smile:

I think I will see what babies we produce before I buy anymore

3 Likes

Maybe another softie? Then you could do super softs if you got a male for Kona.

3 Likes