Show Off Your Cresties šŸ¤©

I know what Iā€™ll do with my Christmas money. Buy more reptiles! Probably a mate for my hognose, but who knows. Maybe Irwin will be getting a mate :eyes:

6 Likes

So yes, my money will of course go towards a pet!

I just canā€™t decide whether to save it for a Crestie I really want but canā€™t currently afford, or to buy a gargoyle gecko or a fish :scream: such a hard decision! I canā€™t buy anything till my birthday so Iā€™ve got a few days before I need to decide lol

Hubby has said I canā€™t have any more pets, but heā€™s coming around :smirk::grin:

Iā€™d be inclined to say the magnets would need plastic back just incase there is something harmful to Cresties as I donā€™t think there is enough research on them.

3 Likes

Crestie :rofl:

As much as I adore my Legoshi, I feel like maybe you need to add another lady to your group. Just saying. :smirk:

4 Likes

Weā€™re not bad influences, weā€™re simply encouraging her hobby. :joy:

6 Likes

Iā€™m in no rush to decide, but if I buy another gecko, it means less babies to keep as space is limited.

Whereas a fish will go in a different area so wonā€™t affect ratio Iā€™m logically trying to work out how to have more pets lol I just donā€™t know if I could keep up with cleaning a fish tank. I donā€™t know why but I find it a chore, but I donā€™t mind cleaning the geckos it snakes out. Plus I wouldnā€™t have any money for rare Cresties.

Saying bye to Reptiles is hard. We sold one of our spider Royal pythons and I almost didnā€™t want to let her go :sob:

Also I forgot to reply about the suction cups, I use paracord to make rope bridges and to fix things into place.

Iā€™ve attached things to the holes at the back of the boxes so I only need to use suction cups in middle and front of enclosure.

I donā€™t know if hot glue gun would work (if used carefully)

4 Likes

Thought about another Royal? :thinking:
Or have you got what you wanted now? :blush:

4 Likes

This is my crew!

5 Likes

I love that one on top :star_struck:

1 Like

@asher199212 what cuties! :heart_eyes:

@foxreptile we used hot glue to attach some plastic pipe for hides and itā€™s held up well. I do like the idea of using the paracord. Iā€™m more nervous about mold with that.

I also hate fish as pets. So Iā€™m no help there. Maybe a Leo or a fatty?

Caught Strawberry doing a nom. :blush:

6 Likes

Maybe consider getting a snake, like a royal, or even maybe a hog or a carpet, though I am kinda biased with those two. If not a snake, maybe some other gecko that you donā€™t already have, like a knob tail. Iā€™ve also heard that scorpion tailed geckos are fun. Of course though, you could always just get more cresties, but Iā€™d personally get something different.

4 Likes

You could get a boa :blush:
They are the best!

3 Likes

Actually, I think that title goes to carpet pythons. :grin:

2 Likes

They have a bunch of Royals!

I mean, totes think she should get another, but you knowā€¦:woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Huh! Always thought they were just gecko people.

3 Likes

Nope lol boas are king!

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: I didnā€™t know either until I was looking for hatchling threads. And even then, it took me a while to realize whose clutch it was.

3 Likes

Hahaha I have missed so much :crazy_face:

I use parachute paracord it is waterproof providing you burn the edges so it canā€™t get inside. I have used it in most of my terrariums and appears super strong.

We currently have several royal pythons, including my favourite that we produced this year, firebee. Still havenā€™t named her yet but hubby been unwell. Prepare for photo bomb tomorrow :grin: (in snake thread). We also have 2 California king snakes & one goldfish in our small pond outside. We also have mice. Snakes are more hubbies thing as I wonā€™t feed them, I just play and clean them out :grin:

We are hopefully expanding our pond next year, just need to decide on what we want šŸ¤· then we will get more goldfishes. we have all the snakes we want, until future babies are produced :grin:

We canā€™t have any reptile that lives majority on insects, purely because we wonā€™t have anyone to feed them when we go on holiday.

We have had Leoā€™s and bearded dragons but they both had health issues and died younger than I would of liked :cry: Iā€™m not opposed to them but I prefer Cresties :grin:

Iā€™d like a mourning Gecko but the reproductive side of things puts me off. Or Iā€™d like a full/half moon Betta fish or a super stripe gargoyle gecko or to save towards a rare Crestie or spend on the next Crestie I fall in love with :sweat_smile: Thatā€™s what Iā€™ve narrowed my search down too.

Space is limited as we are focusing on breeding Cresties and royals this year so no big pets! Hubby would love a bigger snake further down the line :grin: But we are looking to build a rack as the next big project for the snakes, I just canā€™t find a big enough tub :thinking:

6 Likes

Is there a particular morph youā€™re still after Crestie wise?
Have a goooooooood think! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™m loving melanistic so thatā€™s something to save for!

3 Likes

Oh same here!
Though I prefer the charcoals i must say :sweat_smile:

2 Likes