Show Off Your Cresties šŸ¤©

Maybe :smirk: The more cresties the better, right?

5 Likes

I was gonna suggest this, so Iā€™m glad you did. :joy:

3 Likes

Off topic but I havenā€™t posted pics for a while.

Kona looking cute

5 Likes

Those crests! :star_struck:

4 Likes

I love her. I know sheā€™s a soft scaleā€”is she much softer than regular cresties?

Unrelated question: Iā€™m debating a Govee hydgrometer combo, but Iā€™m not sure how to fasten it into enclosures. Could Velcro dots work? 3M hooks?

3 Likes

Can you wedge it somewhere like on branches? I would try to avoid adhesives of any kind because if the humidity causes them to fall off they could get stuck on the gecko.

3 Likes

I love the floppy crests! It is a gecko thread, so it needs gecko pictures lol :joy:.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s my fear. Too much opportunity for things to fall and babies to get stuck on sticky things.

Maybe a suction cup with a hook like the reptavines come in? They have a small hole for lanyards to go through so maybe I can do that.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve found those suction cups to be very weak but if they work for you that would work well.

3 Likes

Agreed. I grabbed some heavy duty ones for other enclosures in the house to replace the original ones. :joy: Iā€™m just not sure how to attach them to the songmics boxes.

3 Likes

Ugh Iā€™m a sucker for floppy heads! Itā€™s why we go to extreme a lot as a lot/most of his have them! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Bad influences :joy:

5 Likes

I want to be included in that lol! She needs three or four cresties!

5 Likes

They just look like they want you to pet them!

5 Likes

Her crests are partly why I chose her, and because sheā€™s a soft scale :grin:

Tbh I canā€™t tell the difference much on feel but I havenā€™t held her and a non soft scale at the same time so Iā€™m going to see if I can tell that way. But then I seem to have a few cresties that appear softer than others šŸ¤·

If it wasnā€™t for her contrast in colours and close up pics (plus a reputable breeder) I wouldnā€™t know she is a soft scale.

Omg Iā€™m going to hate it when she has babies as Iā€™m going to struggle to get them to stay still for pics in order to see which is soft scale and which isnā€™t :scream:

I hope to produce super soft in 2023 which are suppose to be noticeably softer.

I wouldnā€™t use anything sticky inside a Cresties enclosure, just not worth the risk. All it takes is a slight peel and the gecko could get injured.

I did a lot of research on suction cups and Iā€™ve found an amazing one, so much so that the suction cups only fell off for the bridge yesterday and I set it up about 1 year ago, although if there is already lots of watermark stains, then itā€™s not very good.

Iā€™d suggest trying to wedge it in and use a suction cup if possible

3 Likes

Coming from the person who seems to get a new gecko every month :smirk:

You know sheā€™s going to follow in your footsteps :grin:

I got some money for Christmas and Iā€™m so torn with what I want to do with it :scream::scream::scream:

4 Likes

Yeah yeah :roll_eyes::smirk::joy:
To help fair I only got the new girl as Crackers went todayā€¦ And I may let go a couple other adultsā€¦ And more babies are up so itā€™s been a hard day :joy: I swear even now I get sad with one leaving. I felt so sad when she was collected, but then I got a lovely message to say that Crackers is beautiful and just how happy she was and that made my day I swear šŸ„²

Haha I hope so, but not at the same time :joy:
And I mean she has. isopods in her room now, Bloody weird child of mine! Theyā€™re dairy cows too. Something wrong with her, Sheā€™s the kid who finds a slug and makes it a home to keep it inside for a while to look after and feed. :joy:
I was hoping sheā€™d have a ā€˜pairā€™ā€¦ But I mean theyā€™re frigging adorable little spotty things. Even more spots now too! :sob:

Oh noā€¦ Thatā€™s badā€¦
So which Crestie you looking at so far? :joy:

5 Likes

Donā€™t lie, you know what youā€™re gonna do with it! A crested gecko is always a good option :wink:.

4 Likes

Oh Ofcourse sheā€™s going to get one.:joy::purple_heart:

4 Likes

At an expo thereā€™s one vendor who uses magnets and a 3d printer for their crested gecko feeders. You could likely buy strong magnets (I think they have them on Pangea and these people at the expo said they got theirs from a site with extras for washing machines, maybe maytag)?

I got money for Christmas too but most people said that it wasnā€™t for use with reptiles (apparently they donā€™t want to support my latest obsession, lol).

4 Likes