Show Off Your Cresties đŸ€©

I wouldn’t of thought it was breeding personally.
The couple here who do it are some of the chillest we own, just like to be idiots, especially at night when they’re going mental!
Some Cresties are just little
 buggers

We have a couple fussy girls who won’t eat unless food is up higher too. They like their place alright :sweat_smile:

And It’s her first time breeding too, and usually they get everything wrong, I had another infertile egg just sat on top on the bottom this week. Didn’t even bother burying it :woman_facepalming:t2:
Also I found eggs in the bark planter I made into the background when I did the viv that a climbing plant is in. So some little git has been laying in there and I didn’t even know. So that’s why I was missing eggs :upside_down_face:
And Dolly stopped eating and dropped weight after being paired, luckily realised she needed to eat and stopped being a pain as she went down to high 20’s! Stupid girl :weary: To be fair she also acted a bit like a twit and was scatty after so maybe some just are. Now she’s fine, she was paired again before Greg left and nothing. She was Actually normal lol.
None of hatched from her yet so shall see if any were even hers this year as she was paired late also.

But just give her now off ‘obviously’. And see how she is next year when breeding season starts again.

I mean dogs are known to go crazy and run about like mad after being paired to a male
 Maybe it’s the same for some Cresties :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

That’s a good point. I’m not counting her in my radio to breed next year, if she lays great, but she is only 2 half so she can wait a few years if needed.

I just need to decide who I’m going to breed next year! :thinking::grin:

1 Like

So I introduced Berb and Strawberry, wish them luck :crossed_fingers:

Berb is ever so slightly bigger than Strawberry but I’m hoping they will become friends :crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

I think that they will love being to together. They are beautiful, as always.

2 Likes

Berb literally walked over Strawberry and although annoyed, strawberry did not retaliate so I think these two will get along :relieved: :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Yay!! That makes me happy đŸ„Č

Also, now I know where CrÚme brûlée gets her spots from :rofl:

2 Likes

Yep Berb has a total of 5 spots lol 2 of them are on her tail. I suspected as much before I bought her, but she is so dark that it is not noticible when she is fired up :grin:

They appear to be friends :tada: neither of them eat, but I didn’t expect them too, they might do with a few days of settling in :crossed_fingers:

Pic of Strawberry concentrating on her climbing

2 Likes

You honestly take wonderful pictures of your babies @foxreptile!

1 Like

Thank you :relaxed:

I really enjoy watching them and taking pictures of them.

1 Like

I think that her blush is so beautiful.

1 Like

Blush is one of my favourite traits in a Crestie that I didn’t even know about at first! Quite a few of my Cresties have it.

I wonder if it’s a common trait? Or if I just picked the right Cresties :grin:

It used to be a ‘rare’ trait years ago.
Big Mama passes it on to her babies which is just cute seeing a tiny one with all that pink!
Most of mine here have blushing too.

So it’s not as rare as people think, it’s actually common now but people don’t label it as I don’t think they realise it’s a trait!

1 Like

I thought as much, none of my Cresties were labelled to have the blush trait but that was part of their charm that got me to buy them

1 Like

I would love to work with it one day. Maybe line breed it to increase that saturation of the pink?

1 Like

We have blushing to blushing.
Doesn’t really change it unfortunately :pensive:

I’ve got Cresties not knowing they had it and was so happy when they arrived :sweat_smile:

It’s my fav trait too :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I plan to breed Milkyway and strawberry probably in 2022 as they both have the trait and have it in their lineages so I’m hoping for lots of blush offspring :grin: I don’t know if the trait changes at all though

I love the extra suprise :grin:

1 Like

Have to add one of my favorite pics to date of my 8yo gal. Cheesin’ for the camera
Don’t mind the small stuck shed on her eye, we’re working on it.

5 Likes