Show Off Your Cresties šŸ¤©

I think all the reptiles are easy, but I think thatā€™s just because we have a lot here now.
But cresties just chill. Donā€™t expect anything from you. Just stare occasionally.
I think my fat tails are easy, just got to always have bugs in the bowl or I get the stink eye :joy::heart:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s fair! I was thinking about it yesterday, so when Anna asked, figured I would too. :joy:

2 Likes

I agree. I feel like reptiles are the easiest. Our Leo has hubs trained to feed her. :joy:

But cresties are fairly simpleā€¦provided that youā€™re ready for jumping. Itā€™s what they live for. :rofl:

2 Likes

Hahaha think thatā€™s what my Fatties have done. Iā€™m on it as soon as the bowls clear now, and out pops Grandpa every time, like ā€œyeeessss, more food!ā€ :woman_facepalming:t2::sweat_smile:
And this is why heā€™s bloody huge :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Thereā€™s a reason why Evy is on a diet. :rofl:

I took pictures tonight as we cleaned out the hatchlings and split up the last two that were together besides Hershey and Fudge. And labeled.

The pictures need to be processed a little as the led washed everything out. Until thenā€¦

You can look at their homes! Most definitely going bio, so Iā€™ll take any inspiration!

3 Likes

For me the hardest part of Reptiles is figuring out who can look after them while I go on holiday. If you have one reptile that needs feeding etc then Iā€™d use our local reptile shop, but as we have 13 Cresties, they wonā€™t have the space and my family wonā€™t feed insects. I make up the food before I go, pop them in the freezer and all they do is take the food out of the freezer every other morning and spray the enclosure daily.

In the winter I heat our Cresties using heat mats on the outside of the enclosure for a warm spot in the winter, this will not raise the heat in the enclosure, just a hot spot (no higher than 29c) and I have a oil filled radiator on most nights to heat the room

2 Likes

The beauty of my BFF owning reptiles. :rofl:

This is what I do with the heat mat! Only if we need it.

2 Likes

I intend to stop the use of heat mats but I want to find an alternative heat source for all my Cresties. The radiator works best, but itā€™s costly so if I can find an alternative then I will not need the use of the heat mats. If I had just one gecko then Iā€™d use the cannopy. But they are extremely bulky and arenā€™t useful for several geckos.

I just donā€™t know what heat source will be efficient and cost effective

2 Likes

Same here. We canā€™t leave the heat on because it gets too hot upstairs. Auroraā€™s cage will hit 37c if we arenā€™t careful. But sheā€™s directly under the vent and has the che and stuff. The struggle. :upside_down_face:

We found our last clutch, candled okay, so we will see!

3 Likes

Here we go. Fudge says good morning!

4 Likes

Got morning Fudge, my Fudge days hi back :relaxed:

5 Likes

Hi Fudge! :purple_heart:

I love the drippy sides. Yā€™all have so many morphs that I want. So much inspiration. :heart_eyes:

Naming is so hard. I finally named all the babies. Iā€™m assuming most will be female because of temperatures, and one will be Henri either way, after the storm they hatched in. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I canā€™t say for sure, but Iā€™m pretty sure incubation temperatures do not impact sex with Cresties.

I love naming, itā€™s so much fun :grin:

Canā€™t wait to hear that names, maybe with more picsā€‹:grey_question::grin:

1 Like

Pictures are coming!

We have:
Chalupa
Fudge
Hershey
Tiny
Henri
Storm
Vanilla
Strawberry
Tulip

:grin:

1 Like

Temps donā€™t determine sex in Cresties :blush:

2 Likes

Thanks, yā€™all. I know it happens with some geckos. I wonā€™t check til things ahem drop. :joy:

2 Likes

Can loop sex, thatā€™s what I do :grin:

1 Like

Agreed! I Loupe all of mine, I couldnā€™t not know the sexes :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

For those doing bioactive what type of guide did you use? If I ever jump the gun and get one Iā€™d like to go the bioactive route.

2 Likes

Didnā€™t use a guide, basically we brought substrate, we also mix in orchid bark, sphagnum moss, leaf litter, even charcoal is great to use for the springtails and woodlice! Or you can buy a premixed one! We add in oak leaves, magnolia etc also on top too as will break down. Thereā€™s different types you can use. And thatā€™s that! Woodlice and springtails, many different kinda of those! We use dairy cows, giant orange, dwarf whites and tropical greys. We also have others breeding to possibly add eventually also!
Live plant wise, depends on what you want as there is so many too choose from! But make sure bottom is kept moist and mist 2/3 times a day. :blush:

2 Likes