Show Off Your Cresties šŸ¤©

I agree, I didnā€™t use a guide as such. I researched what insects need and whatā€™s safe for cresties then made my own mix. I did start with a pre- made mix but was expensive for lots of vivs.

I have made a little info as to what we have done Bio-active wise on our website, including plants we have used if you want to check it out

https://sites.google.com/view/foxreptiles/reptile-care?authuser=0

1 Like

Finally got a good pic of little Irwin fired up. I can not get over how cute he isšŸ˜

3 Likes

Candling eggs is hard enough, nevermind trying to loupe a wriggling, teeny gecko. Iā€™m totally okay waiting. :rofl:

I got some pictures cleaned up, and Iā€™m still going, so there might be more.

Tiny! Semi-fired here!

Tiny again

Poor Chalupa, no privacy. :rofl:

Fudge!

Hershey doinā€™ a lick.

Tulip!

@garciademueller how handsome!! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Your crested geckos are so beautiful! I have a normal crestie at home right now, but hoping on getting more!:hugs:

3 Likes

Welcome to the community!

Would love to see a pic of your Crestie :grin:

1 Like

@garciademueller He is so handsome :star_struck:

@becksterlynn lovely pics, when you say cleaned up, what do you mean? Iā€™m curious

Here is Honeycomb saying hello :relaxed:

2 Likes

So adorable! Looking through this discussion makes me want like 5 more cresties(even though I currently have absolutely zero space)

2 Likes

I know the feeling, I want to buy lots more, but I just donā€™t have the space right now, well I sort of doā€¦
I have several empty enclosures, but Iā€™m saving space for baby cresties. The wait is so hard though :persevere: just a few more months :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Thankyou! :heart:
Would love to see some images of yours! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Welcome to the community too! I hope you love it here with us all! :blush:

2 Likes

Itā€™s worth the wait, trust me!
When you see that little snoot poking out of the egg, Just melts your heart! šŸ„²ā¤ļø
It never gets old either :blush:

2 Likes

Theyā€™re a veryā€¦ Addictive reptile :sweat_smile:
Those cute facesā€¦ :pleading_face:

2 Likes

@foxreptile my tremors were bad, and the lighting was too bright, so I had to darken the images a little to show off their actual color. I generally donā€™t process my photos, but needed to this round. :grin:

I agree, hatching babies is AMAZING. itā€™s such a wonderful experience, and itā€™s a surprise every time!

Is Honeycomb a Lilywhite? I canā€™t remember from the game. :joy:

2 Likes

Milky Way is the Lilly white :wink:

Have you got your babies hatching yet!? :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Ughhh. :joy: Iā€™ll get there eventually! Iā€™ve been challenging myself with morphs. Not going too well. :woman_facepalming:t2:

Weā€™ve got one clutch incubating, but I feel like itā€™s so late in the season that they could go either way. We just pulled them out of the big Viv Monday. Itā€™s going to be a challenge as it was warm out last time we incubated, so trying to keep them warm is going to be a learning curve.

2 Likes

I just leave mine at room temp, some hatch at a normal time as some take longer, especially now itā€™s cold!
Have you checked them? Are they fertile? Is there a red ring or black? :blush:

1 Like

OMG I missed so much!

I will try to catch up with it all in one hit :crossed_fingers:

@becksterlynn I get what you mean with the pic editing, I wouldnā€™t know how to do that lol

Honeycomb is not a Lilly White, but he is a high white Crestie :grin:

Cresties eggs do well at room temperature, but that depends on the rooms actual temperature I guess, just m be longer incubation.

I have a small polystyrene box that I will be using as an incubator to start with as it gets cold here in winter but I donā€™t think Iā€™ll need it. Itā€™s something I had lying around, along with a spare heat mat & thermostat. I like to be prepared :relaxed:

I canā€™t wait to have eggs :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Just keep in mind, warmer temps mean hatching quicker which can result in them hatching small.
Iā€™ve had early hatchlings in the summer, when we had that horrid heat wave this year, which in my opinion, they werenā€™t ready yet! Obviously as you all know I had some pass also, some of which hatched too early and werenā€™t ready to See the world.
2 months is usually normal hatch rate.
Longest ever Iā€™ve had take to hatch was around 120 days give or take. Didnā€™t count but around 4 months. Was the longest time Iā€™ve ever waited for something I swear. Well other than my daughter :joy:

3 Likes

Also I am anxiously awaiting your first eggs. Iā€™m so excited for you to experience what we are! Itā€™s the best feeling seeing them hatch too šŸ„²
Come on Milkyway! Youā€™re gonna be a daddy soon! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Dependant on weather, Iā€™m planning to pair late February.

This is partly why I have the polystyrene box, it can cool as well. Itā€™s a mini version of our snake incubator. I probably wonā€™t be able to put all eggs in there, but it will be useful to start with.

If hubby will let me, Iā€™m going to put it in our bedroom as itā€™s the coolest room in the house :crossed_fingers: so come summer it will hopefully be a little cooler.
I donā€™t want boiled gecko.

1 Like

One day I will get myself a high white lily white lol :joy:

2 Likes