Show Off Your Cresties 🤩

I love how orange he is!

2 Likes

I think a bottle might be very helpful for me (especially when I end up with lots of babies). Does it need refrigerated or does it stay out at room temperature? How long does it last for (both until you run out and until it goes bad) and how much do you usually make?

1 Like

I’ve only made fresh so far as I like to switch up the flavours, however food packets usually have info on them as to how long to store for. Yes you would need to store it in the fridge.

I will try to remember to read the labels with tomorrows feed

2 Likes

I just checked the bag and it said it lasted a week refrigerated. I’m going to start looking for a bottle since I love the idea.

2 Likes

That’s good, I’m running low on varieties so I think I might try that, will save a lot of time

2 Likes

I make mine once a week. I take it out about a half hour before to allow it to warm up a little before I use it. I haven’t tried it with repashy yet as I haven’t figured out how long it’s good for in the fridge.

I ordered mine with the caps from Amazon. :blush:

3 Likes

I had the background done about 1-2 weeks ago. I just had all of the substrate ingredients so I decided to make it today. Here’s a picture of the final enclosure. The background has 2 cork bark branches, a cave at the top right, a bark with a pocket behind right above the left side branch, 3 plant pots, and a few slabs of cork bark. I added a fake plant for now but I’m growing pothos currently. I added zebra isopods and springtails to the substrate. I’m planning on moving the crested geckos tomorrow during the day.

4 Likes

They are going to love it :grin:

Zebra isopods are next in my list to buy :crossed_fingers:

I’m so going to forget which enclosure has which isopods lol

3 Likes

I love the look of it @erie-herps!

4 Likes

Zebras are actually the first species I’ve successfully bred, they’re very prolific and hardy.

3 Likes

@erie-herps that looks fantastic! I can’t wait to see them in it! :heart_eyes:

I just got new bins for my isopods so…:crossed_fingers:

The girls were out together last night. :purple_heart:

6 Likes

Pretty girlies :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I thought I’d lost a few of my isopods but when I dug into the earth there was lots of them :grin:

4 Likes

Rainbow Drop

3 Likes

Was sorting through babies so here’s some collages I’ve made. :blush:

6 Likes

Lilo and Big Mama :blush:

A cute lil red baby!

Naruto…

5 Likes

Oh and Spider woman Akira :joy:

6 Likes

I noticed you are selling more Geckos :scream:

Cute pics :star_struck:

2 Likes

Can’t keep them all… I’ve tried… :joy:

Though I’m very upset as my 2 red holdbacks from Akira are male :sob::sob::sob:

3 Likes

I bet you have Tried :grin:

2 Likes

Some bad new also…
Pink has passed away :cry:
We’re not sure why but have our thoughts… I thought egg bound at first as I knew she was digging a lot…
Reece decided to check today when we found her passed (he cut her open) not nice I know but this is how we found out a couple years ago that our other female who passed had 2 lots of eggs inside her…
Turns out everything in her was pure fat. The amount of fat she had on her body was awful, everything inside was fatty, and the thick layers of it too was disgusting. And her lungs were going dark also, so we think it was something to do with her weight… I mean everything being pure fat cannot be healthy…
So please all with Cresties, Keep an eye on them when they’re larger! This has been a very depressing day here for us, I loved that girl so much…
I haven’t told Emily yet as she’s been chilling watching movies most of the day and didn’t want to upset her as she loved Pink…

By taking pics all day is how I’ve distracted myself from thinking too much about her… (playing with babies has helped…)
Really not sure what to do with myself, she was out with me every morning to say hello :cry:

4 Likes