Show us your Geckos!

Evy came out to hang tonight!

5 Likes

I forgot I didn’t post the picture. :woman_facepalming:t2:

I think he (I wasn’t about to flip him around. He napped in my hand the whole time. :blush:) is a tangerine amel? Don’t quote me on that.

I’ve had my eye on the pair for a few months now. I got to hold them at weeks old…I knew I wanted a fatty already, but that was the moment I knew.

7 Likes

Looks to be, see how he colours up! I have amels and they’re pink! So if your boy keeps the orange then yes a tangerine :relaxed:

So freaking adorable!! :purple_heart::purple_heart:

3 Likes

I have two cresteds!

This is Jupiter he’s the sweetest guy ever

This is mercury he is not so sweet haha

14 Likes

Very cute Cresties :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I really like the look of Mercury.

2 Likes

Yeah, I agree. I love patternless cresties.

4 Likes

Defo a fav here :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

Lol I hope that is one of the ones your daughter picks.

1 Like

I can see why!

2 Likes

8 Likes

Juipetier is like "let me just open this right here :joy:. So adorable!

1 Like

You really should get one, I send a burst of gecko fever to you! Lol :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Mom had eggs? Congratulations!

2 Likes

There’s probably around 8-12 eggs, from four mourning geckos, most from the past two weeks. The first 6 or so should be near hatching in a couple weeks.

2 Likes

That is very cool! Can’t wait to see the babies.

2 Likes

Those are awesome, hopefully they all hatch. I’ve considered getting mourning geckos except I didn’t think I had the enclosure space. What size enclosure do you have them in?

2 Likes

Congrats on the eggs, good luck to you!

3 Likes

These are in an 18"x18"x18” Exo Terra, with accomodations to prevent escapes and hidden or trapped hatchlings (any small gaps/spaces in the lid and doors are too small for adults), and it’s modified for keeping humidity. They spend most of their time around the upper corners of the vivarium, but will also sleep in the bromeliads, and occasionally on leaves of other plants in the enclosure, but always up high. I keep food (Pangea/Repashy) up at about the same level as the misting system sits at, because they like to lounge on the lines and the nozzles. They don’t require much attention, I feed them flightless fruit flies once or twice a week, depending on remaining survivors, and the vivarium gets misted a couple times a day, other than changing out food dishes and water, it’s pretty much like a long game of Where’s Waldo?, with geckos. I originally grew this vivarium for dart frogs and started them out in it with plans to cohabitate, but I’ll more than likely keep them by themselves now, I have different projects I’m working on currently that I’m doing in different ways than I was when I built this.

4 Likes

8 Likes