The girl I picked them up from couldn't tell me anything about the snakes or the breeder

6 Likes

3 Likes

Some better pictures would help, but at this time I do believe it is a normal.

Here’s a guide to help take better pictures

1 Like

I’m having to resize all the pictures I took. Hopefully this helps

And some help with this one as well please

3 Likes

I think a normal

1 Like

The girl I picked it up from said she got them both from a breeder but couldn’t tell me anything about then or what morph they are or anything about the breeder so I’m kind of in the dark lol

2 Likes

The little dark one is a normal. And the larger one is a hypo :grin:

1 Like

I was lost about these two. Thanks :blush:

1 Like

It also might look like they were not properly care for by the original owners because the dark one has some stuck shed. If you have any other snakes I hope you are quarantining your boas far away because boas can hold a lot of diseases and not show symptoms.

1 Like

They were in horrible conditions when I picked both if them up. The small one hadn’t eaten since I got it and the other had its tail burned

2 Likes

OK, you’re gonna want to get them tested for IBD and Nido

Do you own boas or have you researched how to on them?

1 Like

I have a two Guyana red tails that I raised from hatchling to adults. Never got into morphs or anything.

2 Likes

Ok so I trust that they are in pretty good hands. It’s just every time you add an animal to your collection you are risking your existing collection.

I would definitely make sure you keep them in quarantine for about three or four months because they came from such horrible conditions.

1 Like

How specifically do you have your boas set up?

1 Like

For the new ones I’ve temporarily put then in a 20 gallon with just paper towels, water dish, and heat lamp to keep the ambient temp at 77 - 80 until I get the perm homes set up.

2 Likes

Sorry stupid question but they’re in separate ones right?

1 Like

Correct. And in separate rooms as well

2 Likes

Do you plan to provide a higher degree hotspot? ~90* to ~88*

2 Likes

Definitely. I’ll have they’re perm homes done by Wednesday this week and will have a Hotspot at 90. I have options to pick from. I have many 20 gallons, one 50 gallon and one 75 gallon.

2 Likes

My plan is to breed boas, so I love to talk about them and their care. I have a pet-only male hypo and a grow-up female Anery (type 1) Sterling. I hope they recuperate well for you

3 Likes