Trouble selling

Of course not but it shows they have a professional approach. A sharp logo is a great addition to anyone starting out.

3 Likes

I’m just playing :wink:

Thank you, I won’t lie and say this was my first attempt :joy: there was a lot worse ones in the drafts folder.

Oh damn right it is. I’m not disputing that, just don’t let that be a reason to disregard checking a seller out before purchasing :yum:

We have this thread … Company name and logo opinions if anyone wants to find or add any tips on this :blush:

2 Likes

I think my logo is okay, I’m an artist but not a graphic designer by any means :joy:

Either way, having a solid brand that stands out is also an important thing to have. It took me forever to decide on a business name, and “The Royal Nest” is what stuck since I was planning to mainly breed ball pythons… and I saw “Royal” as a thing of prestige, something that’s better than the others. Ya know?

3 Likes

Another piece of advice:

Don’t do things like this. Please.

For added context, this breeder had read my message a few hours after I had sent the message. I was planning to wait until Monday to message them again, had they not responded by then. Just in case maybe they were busy. It’s the weekend, after all.

Instead, they just didn’t respond and marked the animal I was interested in as sold. Totally turned me off from wanting to purchase from them at all.

I considered it rather rude, and would of rather them tell me personally that the animal was no longer available. Had they of just told me up front, I may have looked at and considered a different animal they had listed.
I have other animals I was also looking at, so I’ll likely buy from a different seller.

I think honesty and transparency is a big key to building a reputation as well. Make yourself trustworthy to others.

8 Likes

Such a shame.
I inquired about a snake a couple months ago, turned out it had already been sold but the breeder let me know about a similar clutch that was hatching out, and another similar snake that they had available. I bought 3 snakes from them.

8 Likes

That’s the proper way to go about it, imo. I can understand not being able to update listings right away, it happens. Again, why I put a lot of emphasis on transparency and being upfront and honest.

I actually sold a pair of snakes I had, I listed them on MorphMarket and had someone inquire me about them, but by then I had just sold them to someone over on Instagram. I politely told them that I had sold them elsewhere, and apologized for any inconvenience.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Company name and logo opinions

Yeah, if I take offence at a comment someone may have directed at me, I grumble a bit and move on.
I figure if I respond & the comment was intended to annoy, why should I give that jerk the satisfaction of knowing it worked?
If it wasn’t meant in malice, then commenting would only portray me as thin-skinned, & possibly inspire more disrespect.
I much prefer being part of a helping-hands club.

1 Like

Ah… But here is the thing, he did reply to me. He spun my feedback in the most negative way possible and called my information criticism while thanking everyone else for the help they offered. So plainly, it was not a matter of him considering it and letting it sink in, it was an off-hand dismissal

5 Likes

I for one being new to the hobby and am 100 percent thankful to all that have contributed advice to this thread. Even tho its not my thread I have taken note of all these things to use when I get the point of being able to attempt selling. I love to see that even tho Mike W who has a warehouse full of top notch snakes now was just like the rest of us trying to make his way and name around. So morale of my post is just because you may not think your helping the original poster you are all helping some of us others so thank you all for that.

10 Likes

i agree this was a huge help to new breeders thank yall so much

3 Likes

don’t agree. his initial reaction was not great but doesn’t mean he won’t come back to this in a couple years and be like ‘wow i was wrong’ in fact id probably guarantee it. just my opinion…

2 Likes

I agree somewhat. I notice people that tend to convince themselves of something after what other people tell them aren’t really successful with things in general. I think this user for example is setting himself up to fail because he may think he is doing everything correctly while it is everyone else’s fault. Just my opinion in the end though.

3 Likes

We can be our own worst enemy. Do what you love to do and people will see.

9 Likes

My first time vending at an expo, brought 6 animals sold out in 2 hours. Second time I sold 8 out of 12 animals in 1 day.

For me and Hets, I know I won’t get full value until my reputation is good. I also will never sell something for sure het unless I produced it.

That’s fair.
Though I do trust the breeder (I worked for them in their shop before they closed it down) and have them listed in my ad as the one that produced the snake in question, as well as the pairing that produced the snake.
I would think someone who is interested may contact the original breeder if they want any additional information on him.

I suspect that unlikely. However, be it not said that I cannot admit when I am wrong. So if he comes back in a few years and says the things you believe he will say, I will publicly own up for the mistake in my comments above

2 Likes

Maybe i’m blind, but through this i can’t find a way to see what he has for sale if anything. Anybody help?

I think someone said it sold already. It was a single gene Mojave if I recall.

3 Likes