Weird Reptile Dreams?

So I initially misread the “weird dream reptiles” https://community.morphmarket.com/t/weird-dream-reptiles/25385 topic as “weird reptile dreams”, of which I have had plenty.

I have the occasional snake stress dream where I’ve suddenly remembered that I had snakes in enclosures in my closet and had forgotten about them for way too long. I feel horrible as I look them over to see if any are still alive.

The other dream I have occasionally is one where I find a really cool snake in the wild and then another and another and I have to try to decide what to keep and how I’m going to safely get them home.

So tell me your weird reptile dreams!

4 Likes

I’ve had a few but I don’t remember that many. I’ve had one similar where I had lizards (about 4 BTS size) that were crammed into a small tank that I forgot about for months. Somehow they were still alive and looked healthy.
Another one was when I was browsing MorphMarket looking at inverts (because I can’t get enough of it during the day I’m going to do it while sleeping too, lol).
I had another one where I had some super cool snakes and reptiles (I don’t remember details about them).

3 Likes

Oh, I’ve got one of these and it’s recurring.

My collection is in a bunch of community tanks. Geckos, snakes, lizards, turtles, etc. all combined in tanks. Sometimes I’m looking at them and trying to make sure nobody’s eaten each other. Other times I’m forgetting to feed whole tanks at a time.

It wigs me out every time I have it, I’ve got to check on everyone the moment I get up/wake up. :woman_facepalming:t2:

5 Likes

I remembered another one. I was feeding my geckos and doing tank maintenance but I was picking the geckos up with the tongs and holding them while I cleaned the tank and put food in there.

4 Likes

I imagine the dreams regarding forgetting to take care of our animals is common. Sorta shows our concerns to meet their necessities.

The number of weird dreams I’ve had over the years is too many to recall. I did have a semi recurring one years ago when I quit keeping Burms and Retics. I was only keeping Boas and Ball Pythons at that point. The dream involved my largest female Boa that was in a 6’x2’x2’ AP enclosure with hinged doors. Any time I would go to get her out as she left the enclosure she would be several times larger than she actually was. She was 8 1/2’ or so but in the dream she would end up Titanoboa sized. Think it was due to missing the Burms.

6 Likes

I have a weird reoccurring dream where I go on MorphMarket and order one type of snake from each category and get them all shipped to me on the same day, and then unbox all of the different reptiles.

5 Likes

I have had a consistent recurring dream for close to a decade now, been about a year or two since the last one. A family member lets out all my snakes and they one by one eat each other starting from the smallest up to the largest. Only variance over the years has been to incorporate new ones or eliminate those who’ve passed away. I recently had a very pleasant dream that I was back at my childhood home and found a 1.1 pair of leucistic eastern hognose in the wild! That was awesome.

7 Likes

I guess I jinxed myself talking about dreams. Had a cool one last night that I hatched my first clutch of western hogs. Got two toffebelly condas, an axanthic superconda, three toxics, and two toxic condas. It was awesome.

5 Likes

Mine are varied and always anxiety-inducing.

Usually it’s me forgetting about caring for my snakes for weeks at a time, or forgetting to check for eggs so I can move them to the incubator.

Or forgetting that some snakes exist and being surprised that they are alive and healthy.

There was one dream where I had a tub I opened to find it just full of baby colubrids of varying species. It looked like moving spaghetti and I was very confused :joy:

4 Likes

I have dreams every now and again where my geckos get out, then they give me a super intense, judgmental look when I finally find them and go to put them away. Gecko after gecko after gecko gives me the stink eye. :joy: The guilt becomes overwhelming!

My reptiles are permanent pets, so I’m very familiar with each individual. So the geckos in my dream are my real-life geckos. Though sometimes they are babies again in the dream, if I raised them.

6 Likes

I had a weird dream last night where I found isopods that were white with some black that were super cool. I remember planning on breeding thm to normal isopods of different species to see if it was one of those species and if it was inheritable (in reality that wouldn’t work super well but I don’t do logical things in dreams, lol).

5 Likes

Most people don’t lol :joy:

2 Likes

I love the visual aids. Lol. :joy:.

2 Likes

Two nights ago I had a dream my boa bit my cats toe. Not wrapped him or anything dramatic. Just bit his toe.

2 Likes

How did the dream version of your cat react?

I’ve had quite the number of reptile dreams but the recurring one that stuck out the most was during last years breeding season. I had 1 pairing and out of that 1 good egg. We were also moving at the time. I had every possible dream about something bad happening to that egg. It getting to cold Moving to the new house, the buyers looking at the old house taking the egg out of the incubator and crushing it, the incubator malfunctioning, the incubator tipping over, my parents throwing the egg in the trash ect.

A better recurring dream I have is me getting a tegu or walking a tegu with my pig Abnor. Just in general tegus are a recurring theme in my dreams hahaha

3 Likes

Unimpressed cat face and a paw wiggle to release the toe.

2 Likes

Like a flick of the wrist?

2 Likes

I recently had I dream all of by snakes were loose. Including three hots (I don’t even own hots lol). They were all eating each other, but I couldn’t focus on those because I was trying to safely get my 12ft king cobra back into his enclosure with no tools.

I woke up stressedddddd lol

4 Likes

Exactly like that

3 Likes