What new reptiles have you bought recently? 2.0

David she’s so gorgeous. She honestly makes me very envious lol.

4 Likes

I consider myself lucky! Took me a long time to decide to get her.

5 Likes

I have gotten a… few new ones that I’ve yet to post here :joy:

Hognose:
0.1 normal het lavender poss het albino

Ball pythons:
0.1 bumblebee poss blade het clown
0.1 OD bamboo enchi

Boa:
0.1 normal het kahl albino

Retic:
0.1 mocha GC tiger

21 Likes

Yay more retics!!! More pictures of both of our please :blush:.

4 Likes

Gorgeous girl! Help a non-boa woman out, please David. What’s monster tail?

5 Likes

Here :arrow_up:

And here :arrow_down:

https://community.morphmarket.com/t/morphpedia-boa-constrictors-monster-tail/24399

6 Likes

Glad that @lumpy responded to that. I’m a brand new boa-guy myself. Dont generally pay a huge amount of attention to the morphs, as Im not a breeder. I just like what I like. And I really liked the way she looks.

8 Likes

Thank you, Riley. Much appreciated!

Me too. Nice pickup!

6 Likes

Yeah, my thought process when reptile shopping is rarely more complex than, “Ooo, lookit the pretty!!!” Glad I’m not the only one. :joy:

9 Likes

Same, honestly if i didn’t know about morphs, albeit very little i wouldn’t know, id just be like ooooooh cool i want it. I don’t really care that much about morphs other than that, i suppose if i were a breeder id be more concerned. Ive never been a follow the crowd kinda gal so i always try to get stuff that others might not have. Guess thats why I’ve always had unconventional pets such as spiders or a pet crayfish. I think that if i had the money and space id probably have my own farm/zoo.

9 Likes

0.1 Pastel triple het pied clown albino

1.0 pastel quad het pied clown lav albino vpi axanthic

18 Likes

Just picked up this little gal today at a local expo!

Except I decided to sex “her” when I got home, and…

That’s a little boy :joy:

I already messaged the breeder, he’s local and we’re friends so should be able to get something sorted out, haha!

13 Likes

This is why it is always best to sex the animal you are getting while at the expo. Even if you trust the breeder in question.

6 Likes

I usually do, somehow forgot this time :woman_facepalming:

Breeder said he needs more practice with popping (why he was missexed), and offered to have me come stop by his house and swap him out for a female along with a $100 partial refund for the inconvenience.

At least he’s honest and willing to make amends!

9 Likes

Wow that’s actually really making amends! That is great!

8 Likes

Here’s the female I got, a really pretty pastel clown! I helped the breeder sex all of his babies as well, so I got to pick out which one I wanted.

24 Likes

What a beautiful snake :snake: :heart:

4 Likes

I love her head stamp! I love her backstory, too. I know some people have unfortunately negative ideas about people in the hobby, but they’re mostly wrong. Most people really do want to do right by their animals and by people, too. Always good to share those stories!

Has your pretty girl got a name yet?

6 Likes

Most of the locals I know are pretty decent people! Besides like, one… but I won’t go into that, I’ve already ranted about it on here before :joy: Funny enough, that breeder I had problems with recently rebranded :thinking:

I decided on the name Poppy for her :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

Blizzard corn snake female I bought yesterday it’s a year old.

2 Likes