What new reptiles have you bought recently?

Meet Pudding.
She’s a vanilla Bamboo.
I’m really excited to have her here with me.
She’s my last snake this time I swear it!:rofl:

12 Likes

What a gorgeous combo! I am blown away by bamboo combos. I personally love them lol.

3 Likes

Lies!

Interesting combo! I’m a fan for sure :fire:

2 Likes

Got this guy yesterday from JD Constriction. It’s a Leo Firefly TSK

21 Likes

LOL ! I said the same thing 6 snakes ago… :joy:

7 Likes

@lumpy
Thank you!

Not lies…for now anyway…:smirk:
As for what she is I’m really excited about it.
I was predominantly looking for a Vanilla when I went to the Gettysburg expo, there where some really nice ones but this girl stood out the most for me. Not only did I get what I wanted, I got a whole other gene that I had been wanting since I got into keeping ball pythons!

4 Likes

No, but I really mean it this time…
Kinda, sorta…maybe…:grinning:

4 Likes

You can really see the vanilla influence in the dorsal!

2 Likes

I really like this combo! It looks very clean!

4 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Surley if T- and T+ are allelic than triple hets are not really possible. Bred to a Anery female the offspring would be Het Anery and either Het T- OR Het T+.

2 Likes

@thealbinoape Are paradigm CRBs allelic expressions…? If you were to breed a T+ to a T- the resulting offspring would be normal 100% DH, not a blended expression of both forms of albinism, per the calculator available on MM. However, I will concede as I’ve seen DH anery/ paradigm CRBs offered on MM, though I suspect they are tagged that way because you cannot tell if a visual normal (het for paradigm and anery) will produce an anery T+, an anery T-, or an anery paradigm when bred back to each other.

Regardless of the outcome, none of this deters me from completing this project. CRBs are exceptional animals and the resulting offspring are sure to be stunning.

1 Like

I thought that paradigm was an allelic mutation. Not 100% on that, I am sure someone will correct me here, but your description stated this was Visual T+ T-. I am more familiar with Paradigm boas (non rainbows).
Agreed, still an awesome project. CRBs deserve more love for sure. BRBs steal all the glory :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Genetics are a fickle mistress that loves to change the rules on us whenever we think we understand what’s going on. :laughing: BCI is a prime example - various lines of albinism that don’t work as you would expect (i.e. Kahl/ Sharp), but then you add BWC to Sharp and BOOM awesomeness!

1 Like

I went to an expo today and got a female black night mack snow leopard gecko. I’m still looking for name ideas but I’m thinking about Bullseye (due to the patterning on her upper back).

15 Likes

Bullseye sounds cool! She’s a beauty!

5 Likes

I wasn’t originally planning to get her but her patterns and colors convinced me. I love the yellow spots even though that means she’s not a very high-quality snow. I’m planning to pair her to my super snow eclipse black night so hopefully I will end up with black night super snow and black night snow.

4 Likes

She is beautiful and Bullseye is an awesome name :+1:

4 Likes

Riley, she’s beautiful! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

@foxreptile @becksterlynn
Thank you, the pictures doesn’t do her justice. I’m hoping that the offspring inherit the contrast and colors.

4 Likes