What new reptiles have you bought recently?

That is a precious baby girl :star_struck:

1.0 banana pied, right at 500 grams. Hoping he’ll breed for me here in the next month or so – I’ll be pairing him to my normal het pied female (hopefully she’ll prove out since she isn’t a proven breeder lol)

8 Likes

I would never suggest holding any venomous snake. Hots should always be handled in a very safe manner. Even snakes that are considered “not very toxic” have killed people. A bite from that little guy is sure to ruin your month. Please be very careful with him. Is that your first hot? Copperheads are one of my favorite. They can be a very rewarding snake to keep . Very pretty snake.

9 Likes

Aren’t baby hots some of the worst to get bit by? Since they can’t control their venom output? When I seen them free handling it I was kinda freaking out and wondering if that was actually a baby copperhead. Like, no one would actually free handle one, right? :grimacing:

4 Likes

That is awesome. Black pastel red gene clown?

2 Likes

Ok but what morph is this ? Also I saw this same pic yesterday from alexkennethreptiles

1 Like

My first ever snake! I’m so happy with this little guy😊 so excited to watch him as he grows and matures. Lil hognose

14 Likes

They are more likely to inject you with venom than an adult. In my opinion free handling hot snakes is no different than playing Russian roulette. With any hot snake even rear fanged some people can have a bad reaction to the venom. Just like a bee sting, safe for most people deadly for some. Most of the time you won’t find out until it is too late. Copperheads are generally calm but can have a crazy feeding response.

4 Likes

I love that metaphor

1 Like

Yesterday I went mad and purchased a CBB Jeweled lacerta and a trio of CBB Eastern garters. I should get the Lacerta next Wednesday and the Garters on the 22nd

2 Likes

Thank you :blush:

1 Like

If you are referencing the clown it is a Barnhart black pastel yb poss red gene clown I don’t know who alexkennethreptiles is but it is a snake produced and owned William Herbst aka 46and2reptiles on instagram and was Bough by RidiculousMartin on Instagram

1 Like

What!? That is a great thing, happy for you

1 Like

He’s my first hot Ill actually be keeping for myself. Eastern Coppers are endemic to my area and I’ve dealt with them off and on for the last 15 years or so. Of course safety is always top priority. The photo was taken within half hour or so coming out of their amniotic sac, so they were still very “woah, what is this place”. Sorry lack of better description for their behavior at the time lol

2 Likes

:blush::blush:

9 Likes

Awesome. Can be a great snake to have as long as it is done right. Would be cool if you started a thread on he/she when you get it . Good luck. If you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask.

2 Likes

I went and got her Saturday from Nussman Reptiles. The photo doesn’t do her justice. She’s amazing.

Firefly Ghost

12 Likes

I picked up this little cutie at the Gettysburg expo.

I just wanted to make sure he was all settled in before handling and taking his pic.
A precious little Soulsucker; his name is Macchiato.

12 Likes

Decided to add a little clown to my collection.

13 Likes

Added a banana pied, enchi double het albino pied and a panther chameleon to the collection this past weekend

13 Likes