What new reptiles have you bought recently?

:pray:t2: Bio terrarium.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The ghi het red axanthic is really beautifully. But what about the champagne het albino. Is it a common thing that het albino is visual in a champagne? I knew a champagne het pied looks like a pied but never heard something like that in a champagne het albino. Or are these paradox sisters and just a lucky result?

3 Likes

Thank you. The het albinos are twin paradox, one parent being het for albino. Neither one is a true albino since they have pigmentation and neither one has red eyes. Nothing about them is normal reason they caught my attention. To answer your question champagnes have been known to do crazy things with random patterns and ringers but a het albino should not look albino in a normal scenerio.

3 Likes

I absolutely love those guys but the only reason I haven’t bought is because I heard they need a really really hot basking spot. Is that true?

They need a really hot basking spot. Some say hotter than a bearded dragon basking spot. https://youtu.be/OA7sqgVP7K4 here is a good video about them by Clint’s reptiles.

Ah ok thanks. Yeah I’d absolutely love to own one it’s just that I’m scared that the high heat spot could be a fire hazard. Other than that they are just such a awesome animal

Very hot. Ceramic heat emitters can hit 400+ and over 450 will make an open flame on paper and some cloths, melt plastic, and cause some wood products to start smoldering. :scream:

They have metal spring hooks to make sure the lamp is attached to a screen top and can’t be tipped over easily. You can also get dedicated stands for lights. Keep the area clear and move any cords away from your thermostat leads.

Uros and beardies are cool animals. Uros are nice because no bugs. :slight_smile:

Then your are really lucky to get these. They are really gourgeous. I knew that champagne can do crazy things but these ones beat all.

Really also love your Ghi Hra. Heard that they have an iridescence like a witlip python. I’m debating now to get a ghi female for my kingpin yellow belly hra and leopard pastave males. Almost every combination in offspring from those combo’s are beautifull but are still debating on space. Your ghi Hra makes me really want to…
Compliments on your new ones. Retic also beautifull but way to big for me :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yep. Since my most likely 1st reptile will be an Uromastyx Ive done quite a bit of research on them. Basking spots up to 110-120 F. Funny how I want one but hate heat.

1 Like

Very nice. I want a U geyri or U ornata as my 1st reptile hopefully later this year. Moroccan uro is Uromastyx what again??

I did my first trade, and I think I got the better deal ha-ha!

I traded Yeti who was the 1. Albino Pinstripe Banana

and in return I got TWO snakes :open_mouth: A male and a female!

Male - Super Mojave (we’ve named Casper)

Female - Pastel Phantom Mojave

19 Likes

I’ve already said it but I think you got the better deal aswel :grin:

I love phantom, and you always have the chance to make more Super Mojave with the pair.

5 Likes

Is that like 12 males now? :joy:

2 Likes

Hey my odds have improved.

It’s now 4 males, 5 females :joy:

edit; I SWEAR I’ve been looking at females only!

6 Likes

Yea she is a jungle corn. California king corn-snake mix.

1st one is an anery/Het Scaleless/and Het Amel, the 2nd is a jungle corn and don’t know anything that the parents had in terms of morphs, and the 3rd one is hypo /Het Scaleless/ and Het Diffused.

1 Like

Your pic of the jungle corn makes me wanna consider getting a jungle corn if I decide to have my 1st reptile be a snake. Still leaning more towards Uromastyx lizard but damn is that snake super pretty :heart_eyes:. The other two are super cute too :blush:. Are those snakes males or females?

1.1 rough scaled sand boas

10 Likes

Corns make super first time snakes… Not a lot to setup or special humidity. Don’t grow large. Usually amazing personalities and complete goofball of snakes.

5 Likes

@calebsnakes

Gorgeous rough-scale. I love the yellow. Where did you get it?