What new reptiles have you bought recently?

Got my new boys today and the Lavender is a Tessera, not Motley or Stripe, so that’s a nice sort of surprise! I thought it didn’t look right for that.

The Salmon is in shed right now, he’s going to look even better in a few days!

11 Likes

Looks like a Pac-Man frog they get huuuuuuuugggggeeeeeeeee!

3 Likes

Females are the ones that get kinda big. They max out at like, 4 inches. Now pixie frogs get huge. Like, bigger than American bullfrogs huge.

1 Like

New hoggies!
Snow and Axanthic het albino/snow

The axanthic het snow I won’t be keeping though, she turned out to be a he 🥲

At least the snow boy will be a good pair for my albino superconda girl! Make all albino conda het axanthic babies

11 Likes

If you’re comfortable with it, I’d probe the axanthic. Your vent shot on FB didn’t have me 100% convinced it’s male. For the record, I suck at visually sexing, but I’ve had a handful of long-tailed females. I received my snow as a male and turned out to be female :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I’ve never probed my snakes nor do I even have a probe kit… but I’d have to look into it.

Got better pictures of their tails, and the female is looking more like a female compared to the snow boy

Comparing more to this set of pics by @stewart_reptiles— I’m fairly sure just by appearance she is a she.

6 Likes

He’s a pacman frog.
More specifically, he’s a samurai morph.
My brothers been wanting one for awhile, so I got him as a present.

2 Likes

Correct!
And dont worry we know they go from ping pong ball size to just a bit bigger than a softball.
We already have a 20 gallon in reserve for the little dude.:wink::+1:

1 Like

I can’t count past 31 scales on the axanthic, but there aren’t many left to count. I do think that one might be female, I’d grow it up and see how it develops.

Yeah, that’s fair — though I added a set of pics to help with comparison.

I’m still leaning towards female, but will raise them up a bit and see if that changes.

Again they’re 5-6 gram babies that I suspect were sold nearly out of the egg :woman_facepalming:t3: So really hard to get pics of them as it is, let alone count scales haha

Not so much reptiles as invertebrates but I got some rubber ducky isopods yesterday.

As long with an Asian Forest Scorpion

14 Likes

Damn! Erie, that is :fire:

2 Likes

Um, not a fan of the scorpions. They are creepy lookin. LOL!
The Isopods are cute though. We use to play with those little rolly polly things when we were kids.
So many years ago. Where did the time go?

2 Likes

Me either those things used to terrorize me as a child lol.

4 Likes

I think they’re cool though I put a small (but heavy) isopod colony on top of his tub :joy:

7 Likes

Don’t worry @erie-herps. I think scorps are cool and kinda cute where inverts go. Kinda wish they were more handleable though without being tempted to sting.

4 Likes

I’ve always wanted a scorpion. Been fascinated with them since I was a kid. Just can’t decide which species I would get, thought about it a lot and still have no clue lol.
Cool addition for sure.

3 Likes

From my recent research on them I think the best species for beginners are Heterometrus spinifer (AFS) or P. Imperator (Emperor) and in my opinion they’re both awesome species.

3 Likes

Have these beautiful creatures on hold. Have to get through closing on my house and then I’ll pay them off totally. But making payments until then

9 Likes

Yeah I think if I was to get a scorpion I’d go with one of those 2 species. Asain Forest Scorpions are probably my favorite by appearance. Just hard to beat a black herp in my opinion.

5 Likes