What new reptiles have you bought recently?

Silver bullet is a super cinnamon pastel.

1 Like

I know. And I’m finishing that project that I never really started.

1 Like

I think what Ashley was saying is that when you breed a cinnamon and cinnamon theoretically 25% of the hatchlings will be super cinnamon. Most super cinnamons are severely deformed and most need to be culled. It might take you many seasons before you produce even a single super cinnamon that lives more than a week and it will likely have kinks and duck billing. I don’t think super cinnamon is as bad as super black pastel but people who breed super black pastel sometimes even give up on the hobby because breeding these genes and having to euthanize so many offspring is disheartening.

1 Like

My new babies came in on Thursday and they are the sweetest babies

Maji, female pastel, 50%pos het pied (sorry for the poop in the corner)

Gilgamesh, male coral glow, 100% het pied

Lucifer, male banana, spider, pastel, mojave

And Lilith, female banana, pastel, mojave

Photos just don’t do them justice!

10 Likes

I am not breeding those genes any more.

1 Like

Respectfully, I don’t think this is responsible stance. I don’t feel it’s ok to create animals that are doomed from the start, just because it “makes you happy.” The problems with super cinnamon, super black pastel and 8-ball are well documented and common. This is not like the spider gene, which usually causes issues that don’t heavily affect quality of life. A lot of super cinnamons die or require euthanasia.

5 Likes

I would recommend working with mahogany instead — the super mahogany/suma also produces an almost solid black snake but without any linking or duckbilling. I’m planning to make cinnamon sumas in the future myself!

5 Likes

I’m not trying to go off topic but I felt as if another user was trying to put down @twinklecat1217 projects. Yes cinnamon does have it’s issues but in the end none of us have any control as to what directions other try to go. That was my main point with saying that but I do also agree with what you are saying and I understand that we shouldn’t create a combo just because. Forget I said anything earlier.

3 Likes

VPI Axanthic Female. Her name is Venus

12 Likes

I think we are trying to persuade twinklecat not to breed the super cinnamons. Having deformed offspring, having to euthanize many offspring and likely not even getting a not deformed super cinnamon is very disheartening and are the things that make people quit reptile breeding and keeping. But I agree we all could have been more understanding.

2 Likes

I think we ventured a little far off topic here guys and gals. Let’s try and keep it about new purchases please.

8 Likes

11 Likes

One of those is a DG correct? Love it! I am lacking in the DG department but hopefully add some soon down the line

1 Like

Yes the top 2 pictures are an Enchi Firefly female and the bottom 2 pictures are a Pastel Desert Ghost male, thank you, he’s definitely a looker :blush:

1 Like

I’m sorry. I’m not doing it anymore. Obviously you don’t understand that. I was going to explain that before you all were on my tail about it, that I bought these snake to educate my kids and only bought them because niether had nothing wrong with them! They both are in excellent health. I will not be breeding them ever and when I said “project”, I didn’t mean breeding, I meant what I just said and I’ve just been calling it that. Thanks to some of you for name suggestions.

6 Likes

That last comment I made was not directed at you. I have actually been impressed by the way in which you accepted the hard facts about these morphs with issues, and the way you were humble and ethical enough to change your breeding plans once you had this new information.

4 Likes

So on to new reptiles! I don’t see many geckos posted anywhere on this site so I always like to show a few. My new crested

And his future mate

11 Likes

Thought I’d share the new snakes I bought a few weeks ago from @living-art-ball-pythons
Credit for the pictures goes to Ashlie as I’m yet to pick them up.

This is my “dinker” male straight from Volta in Africa

Here are my two Yellowbelly or Gravel females

And this is my male YB or Gravel.

Nothing amazing, but thought I’d share.

16 Likes

Wow Thomas! Congratulations on the new additions! I can appreciate and respect the patience to wait until the exact animals that you wanted came along on the market! I on the other hand probably couldn’t be as patient with it :joy:

5 Likes

What are you talking about?
All noodles are amazing noodles.
Even when they are being sassy with you.:rofl:

4 Likes