What’s your favorite two gene combo?

He’s got a lemonblast blackhead listed right now that I’m so tempted to buy to start a blackhead/VPI project. Stunning!

2 Likes

I have two favorites, the GHI Mojave, and the beloved Panda Pied. Still just two genes, as far as I see it. I picked up 3 GHI Mojaves in the past year or two, holding out for the ones I liked most. A female GHI Mojave, a male that is 66% possible het desert ghost and ghost, and a male 66% het axanthic. Hoping the last one proves out!

We hit what we believe are two pandas this year, our first year breeding these Royal creatures. One is certain, the other is up in the air.

We had hoped for more pattern in the Pandas, but we’re trying again very soon!

5 Likes

Did you use black pastel or cinnamon? Cinnamon comes out all white.

2 Likes

A few standout in my head like the cypress red stripe, acid/confusion combos & monsoon!! I’ll throw a few up from what I hatched in the past few years though. Having them hatch out in front of you sometimes gives a totally different perspective. These were all combos I wanted to make rather than purchase and luckily succeeded, still going way into the future…
Hypo Chocolate

Mystic Potions (Mystic, Mojave)

GHI Mojave/Mystics

2 gene recessive Lavender Piebald aka “Dreamsicle”

My first thoughts were a “soul sucker” as well @saleengrinch until I realized there was a few more genes in my guy…and if you go with the wisdom of others, you’ll get the response that they’re a 3 gene animal with the granite but my HGW female used to produce this guy does Not have granite! I have other HGWG’s, with the neck spotting/speckling but again the female from this pairing did not. Basically soul suckers don’t need granite imo, just HGW & Lesser…plus whatever else like coral glow, enchi & possible YB here.

4 Likes

Can’t forget the freeways, highway realm. Actually all of the YB als animals strike my eye…and the double dose of a single gene, Chocolate!!

4 Likes

@johnnyb76 the granite isn’t actually part of a soul sucker. Lesser/butter and a single gene hgw will give you a soul sucker. The granite was part of a marketing strategy lol. They said the granite was attached to hgw and couldn’t be separated. If it’s not able to be isolated it isn’t a separate gene.

4 Likes

There is no “Granite” required to make SoulSuckers, they are indeed a simple two-gene combo of Lesser and HGW. They whole “Granite” thing is another marketing tactic that refuses to die

Edit: Aaaaaaaaaaaaand Shaun beat me to the quick (I have to start reading threads in their entirety before I start replying LOL)

5 Likes

No, I know that about the granite part…I was just remembering all the videos where it was being said granite had to be in play to get a soul sucker. Proved that out wrong for myself but it’s even funnier when I see people who live by what they’ve read or heard on the internet. That’s where I was going with that post. Also, my first thought was my snake that wasn’t just a 2 gene soul sucker. It’s almost noon & I still need more coffee this Friday​:joy::exploding_head:Thanks again tho gentlemen!!!

4 Likes

We actually used two black pastel pieds, dam is 100% het albino, sire is 50% het albino. We missed the albino in the small clutch of 4.
I love Cinnamon, but I love black pastel much more, so I made a point to work solely with black pastels in my collection. Dad is solid white with one lone mark, as well.

2 Likes

I prefer black pastel as well!!!

1 Like

@t_h_wyman It’s ok I appreciate the back up! I think you said i was right twice today! May be a record lol!:grinning:

1 Like

@johnnyb76 super chocolate is sooo nice! Next year I should finally get my super sable super vanilla!

1 Like

Pied and Lavender, a.k.a. “Dreamsicle” !

10 Likes

Very nice! Out of my price range lol.

4 Likes

Pastel clown male

5 Likes

I like anything clown! My clown project is behind schedule for sure lol! Very nice!

1 Like

I have an adult albino female and an adult pastel enchi female to pair him to when hes ready

I had an adult male sadly I lost him. But I have two females from him a butter and a lemon blast and a male pastel yellowbelly. Once the male is a little bigger be pairing them.

1 Like

The pumpkins are a nice touch. Would be cool for you to have a sort of Halloween shoot with them.

2 Likes

Not only my favorite 2 gene but also one i consider the perfect ball python. And I was lucky enough to produce the first ones ever myself. Red Stripe Arroyo.

9 Likes