Hi From The UK Crawley

Hi to all my fellow Snake fans.
I Started keeping snakes as a kid in the 70s {yes i am old, sigh }. I started seriously in the 80s. Only wild caught available then. I did a lot of volunteer work with the reptile section of the centre for Life studies at london zoo. It was a cool lab with Rock iguanas walking around free. I could also get into the zoo via a back door.
In the early 2000s I had many types of snakes and breed them quite successfully, but never ball Pythons.
Life hit me about 2010 and I had to stop. Hope those things never happen to you all. However, I am more permanently settled now and can feed my hunger for snakes and breeding them again now.
I have really missed it.
This time instead of trying to have as many types of snake as possible, I thought it through a bit more.
I decided to focus on Ball Pythons. Well there is so much variety in just that one kind of snake anyway.
Last time I had snakes there were only a few morphs of ball pythons, so now I am desperately trying to catch up with the all the current Morphs.
I miss meeting up with other breeders, sharing information and so on.
Looking forward to getting back into the game.
Barry.

9 Likes

Hey Barry,
I’m from Manchester UK :blush::wave:

Glad to hear your getting back in the game! Feel free to share some pictures as it unrolls :blush:

3 Likes

Welcome to the Community Barry!
I am new to Ball Pythons also. I am learning a lot about BP’s from everyone on here. Be sure to check out the helpful list of allelic-morphs-aka-complexes and the list of morphs that can have defects if bred together.
This Community is a very good source for information not only for Ball Pythons, but for other reptiles as well.

4 Likes

I remember these dark times lol. Welcome to the community Barry!!!

4 Likes

Welcome back.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community and back to the hobby. BPs should be just like riding a bike for you.

2 Likes

Welcome from Essex :grin:

3 Likes

Wow, thanks for the warm welcomes and tips :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome to our community, I truly believe that you will enjoy here :grin::+1:

2 Likes
You mean these?

Morph Issues

Ethics of Spiders and Spider Breeding

Allelic Morphs aka Complexes

3 Likes

OOOh I have been trying to build up a list of these.
That saved me watching about 1000 videos

4 Likes

You might also like this tag #informational

3 Likes

I have not figured out how to paste them like that. I will eventually. LOL
Thanks Lumpy

4 Likes

Me either, tech is not my friend for sure lol.

And welcome to the community @asceended.

3 Likes

@eaglereptiles thanks a lot.
@wmb1965 and @jrc_retics i know the feeling, we will get there. And hI :smiley:

3 Likes

I’m sure you will, I’ve abandoned all hope for me learning technology :rofl:. Definitely my achilles heel lol.

1 Like

Welcome to the community! I hope you’ve enjoyed it so far.

1 Like

Thanks, and yes. Its a nice friendly community.

2 Likes

A year later:
I am diagnosed dyslexic amongst other Asperses Spectrum Traits.
I will have to edit often a few moments later to clarify.
Please do not rush to judge either way. Thanks :slight_smile:

I will add the above to my Bio

3 Likes