Linking Instagram to MorphMarket Store

On Instagram there is something called a action button.
It is basically a clickable link for sellers to add to their profile that directs users to a outside website where purchases can be made.

This would be really helpful for both the breeders and buyers on here as most of us already browse Instagram on a regular basis.

I dont know if any costs are involved, hopefully someone knows more about the usage of it, but I feel it could be a very useful tool in both bringing new traffic to the Marketplace and for sellers to provide updates.

This would also make a lot of new sellers and buyers feel at ease and also reduce the amount of these kind of posts:

How are we supposed to research new sellers?

Buying a BP from new seller. How to be safe?

Breeders to buy from

Are Warnings about New Sellers Fair?

And regarding this…

…this would be a way of doing that… without actually doing it. If a Instagram account is directly linked to a MM account, researching someone is as simple as a button click away, as is checking out there stock.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Neat. So this is a way that sellers can add a button on their Instagram profile to direct users to their MorphMarket store?

I don’t know that it helps with those questions really – generally those are made from a person who is already using MorphMarket. But I do think it’s nice clean way for users to advertise their store, much like putting the MM button on their webpage: https://www.morphmarket.com/help/selling-guide/#store-link

If this is proven out then we should add it to the help docs there.

1 Like

It seems so, as I said I’ve not used it myself, and i only stumble across it while fidgeting with the settings. If you know anyone with a business account on Instagram they might be able to give us some insight into it.

This is what there help page says:

At this time we have a limited number of providers for action buttons. We hope to continue to expand this list over time to cover partners across all countries. Learn more about where these features are available. Keep in mind that you need an existing account with a partner to select them. You can go to the partner’s website to learn more.

To add call-to-action buttons to your business profile

1. Go to your business profile on Instagram.
  2. Tap Edit Profile .
  3. Under Public Business Information, tap Contact Options .
  4. Tap Add an action button .
  5. Select the action button you want to add to your business profile and tap Next . You need an existing account with a partner to select them. Visit the website of the partner you want to add to learn more.
  6. After you enter the website url, tap Done .
1 Like