What does everybody use for record keeping?

I use iherp.com, but also keep paper records for babies that are going to be sold so I can give the new owner a record too. There was just a thread about this recently too: Web Based Tracking for Reptiles

1 Like

We also had a thread about this a while back: What does everybody use for record keeping?

and another one: Record Keeping Methods

2 Likes

Oh I never thought to use QR code’s, that’s a good idea.

Alright sweet, I had no idea about those apps. I’m definitely gonna play around with them, thank you.

I use google sheets. At the bottom you can have different sheets like tabs and I have one for each reptile. I then have a sheet for pairings and I put the animals ID with the parents so it turns into a pedigree-like format.

2 Likes

So oldschool. I have a giant dry erace broad with everyones name & a legend that says what letters mean what… instead of spelling out every action. End of the month I screenshot it…erace that month& start over for the next month.

3 Likes

I use Google sheets too, but I’m only just getting into breeding so I may try the apps.

But I do love a spreadsheet :grin: I can access it on any of my devices - phone, laptop etc and I can share it with my husband so we both can both update it

2 Likes

My first instinct was to use a completely analog notebook which was just not practical. I used Google sheets for a while which felt like a chore. Now I use an app for my iPad called Nebo which is an electronic notebook, works with Apple Pencil and I kind of love it. My handwriting sucks but I can understand it fine.

1 Like

I have 104 snakes now and am expecting more soon so I use reptile scan.

2 Likes

I have used various apps to track my snakes & reptiles, just discovered a new one “SnakeLog” and it’s really easy to use and very customizable, it has all kind of events and notifications and a nice statistics view, I decided to migrate all my data & snakes to use this app, it’s free and also has Premium features (recommended if you have lots of snakes) it’s available for iOs and Android, have a look at it → SnakeLog

3 Likes

You guys are so high-tech! I’ve always just used an old-fashioned notebook to keep track of things like age/date of acquisition, feeding, sheds, poops, enclosure cleaning, and when I change UV bulbs. More recently I’ve started using a Word document on my phone. But I’ve never had a huge collection or bred/sold animals. I can definitely see how my low-tech methods would become cumbersome for keeping track of larger collections and/or breeding operations.

It’s awesome that people are making apps for this kind of stuff! I may check out some of the apps/software people have mentioned here, especially if/when my collection begins to grow.

3 Likes

Thank you very much, I was looking for an app to manage my snakes. I have downloaded Snakelog and at the moment it works very well and is what I needed.

Also, I believe MorphMarket NFS would work well for these things as well :slight_smile:

Maybe @john or @eaglereptiles could help elaborate on the features of NFS?

1 Like

Straight from MorphMarket News… its easier than typing out…

MM NFS 1.0 is live, and it includes:

(1) New capabilities to help you manage your WHOLE reptile collection and history

• Three visibility settings for ads: Public, Private and Unlisted
  • New animal states: Not For Sale, Loaned and Archived

(2) New Animal Manager to more efficiently Explore, Organize and Update your data

• More powerful Search, Filter & Sort
  • Inline and Bulk Editing
  • Customizable Interface

(3) Initial Lineage Support

• Sellers can create parent animals in seconds
  • Buyers can learn more about animals by viewing their parents
  • Not For Sale Animal pages
  • Breeder NFS galleries on Seller Pages

(4) Data Dashboard to help you stay on top of your animal data

• Analyze summary stats
  • Monitor animal status
  • And explore the animals behind the numbers

At MorphMarket, our goal is not just to provide the industry a platform to buy and sell, but software services which support the entire lifecycle of breeding.

Stay tuned — there’s a lot more coming!

Watch the demo and tutorial videos below to see how to leverage these features.

MM NFS 1.0 Demo

(1/3) The Animal Manager

(2/3) Lineage & NFS Animals

(3/3) The Dashboard

There is a whole lot more to come!

3 Likes

I love these videos. I’m going to try the new features out when I get some time :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

@yitane Have you seen the new features that have been added to the snakelog application. I’ve been trying them and they are great!

2 Likes

Hi, @apofis latest update came with nice features, I love the breeding system it really lets me manage my projects and keep track of everything, I have also started to printout the QR cards for my snakes it’s nice to have all the stats at one glance and so easy & fast to access.

2 Likes

I personally use ExotiKeeper for my snakes, as it’s free and gives a solid range of features. The developer is actually great, adds user suggestions & is responsive to messages. The features have come in ultra handy at vet visits, where I can just hand over my full records of feeding, weights, behaviour, etc.

1 Like

@yitane There is a new update of Snakelog app!! Have you tried the new features?

I have everything on index cards in a little black box…
Cards have the hatch date , morph type and sex at the top. I keep track of feedings, refusals, sheds and weight.
I’ve messed around with Husbandry Pro and really like it. I love the QR codes to pull up individual snakes. But without a home computer and printer it’s just easier to use the cards for now.
I’ll be pairing two of my females next year so I’ve got a little time yet.

3 Likes